BOTANICAL NAME: Taraxacum officinale
ENGLISH NAME: Common dandelion
Hindi name: Dudhal
Kannada name: hand
REFERENCE: BHAVAPRAKASH SAMHITA with link e Nighantu:
HABITAT: It is a shrub grown in Himalayan belt at an altitude of 15000ft.
BOTANICAL DESCRIPTION: It is small shrub. Stem is tinted purplish, upright or lax, milky latex. Leaves are basal. Flowers are yellow flower head which lack receptacle bracts and all are ligulate and bisexual.
|Tikta, katu||Laghu, rushka, tikshana||Ushana||Katu||–||Kapha- pitta har|
|TASTE||PROPERTY||POTENCY||POST DIGESTIVE EFFECT||EFFECT ACTION||DOSHA ACTION|
|Bitter, pungent.||Light, dry, hot.||Hot||Pungent||–||Kapha pitta pacifying|
MAJOR CHEMICAL CONSTITUENTS: B- sitosterol, stigmasterol
- Chronic ulcer: The juice of plant is locally applied.
- Jaundice: Decoction of plant is given in 25-30ml internally.
- Fever & indigestion: Fresh juice prepared from leaves and root is given in 10-15ml.
- Skin disease: Paste of the leaf or root is prepared and applied over the affected area.
- Burning micturition: Cold infusion prepared from dugdhfeni is given in 30-40ml.
Agnimaandya dyspepsia, kamala jaundice, krimi rog worm disorder, udar rog abdominal disorders.
USEFUL PART: Mool and kaand
DOSAGE: 25-50ml decoction
Biolivac syrup and tablet